3.05.2009

Love the Fool

solitary-by-lilorain

This is too good not to pass around. It's for those of us who are bumbling through life, trying to figure out our place in it. And especially for those like me, who is letting the tyrant win with every passing breath.
"I must learn to love the fool in me--the one who feels too much, talks too much, takes too many chances, wins sometimes and loses often, lacks self-control, loves and hates, hurts and gets hurt, promises and breaks promises, laughs and cries. It alone protects me against that utterly self-controlled, masterful tyrant whom I also harbor and who would rob me of human aliveness, humility, and dignity but for my fool."

 -- Theodore I. Rubin, MD

via Cup of Jo via Creature Comforts; image from lilorain at Flickr.

No comments:

blog disclaimer:


Please be advised that a couple of archived posts could be considered adult in the sense that it shows nudity, albeit minimally and in an artistic sense.