4.26.2011

Art Therapy

I don't know about you folks, but it's bleak times around here. The only consolation is that it's been raining somewhat daily, I can't begin to describe to you how much the rain means to me. Looking at beautiful images helps as well -- I suppose that explains the ever-so-slightly increase in postings on here. I've been very lucky with coming across things that are both a sight for sore eyes and the bruised mind.

These three images brought instant smiles.

rachel_caunt-kaleidoscope
Kaleidoscope-inspired collage by Rachel Lois Caunt.

liat_yaniv-spring2011
"The Times They Are A-Changin" by Liat Yaniv.

betsy-walton
"Floral Ocean" by Betsy Walton.

// This peek into an Art-Deco apartment in Shanghai is satisfying my voyeuristic thirst. It is so charmingly decorated, plus I'm a big sucker for those steel-and-glass french doors.

// Also, even though I've never been a fan of the kitschy decor (feels a little claustrophobic for me), I am totes amoureux with the home of Albert and Gillian Maysles (shot here by Todd Selby). Doesn't it shout "life well lived"?

// Lastly, has anyone out there tried Bookmooch? Just wondering if it works.

No comments:

blog disclaimer:


Please be advised that a couple of archived posts could be considered adult in the sense that it shows nudity, albeit minimally and in an artistic sense.