4.04.2009

Tehching Hsieh

tehching-hsieh-cage-piece
tehching-hsieh-cage-piece2

A friend alerted me to an article in the NY Times of Tehching Hsieh, a performance artist whose work is being displayed by MoMA. I have not known of him prior to this but I find his work extremely remarkable because he utilizes himself and his life with such intensity and in so unequivocal a manner. I have the highest regards for that kind of immersion, I find it's something worth aspiring to.

This is my favorite quote from him in the article: "Living is nothing but consuming time until you die" -- a tenet the existentialist in me had never let go of, probably to my very own detriment.

Photo by Tehching Hsieh, from his work, "Cage Piece".

No comments:

blog disclaimer:


Please be advised that a couple of archived posts could be considered adult in the sense that it shows nudity, albeit minimally and in an artistic sense.