6.25.2009

Mourning Objects by Anna Schwamborn

I've decided another posting is in order today, to commemorate the fact that I can see the green mountains peeking out from the haze :-)

anna-schwamborn-mourning-objects

Anna Schwamborn's Mourning Objects managed to stump me. For the first time in aeons, I find myself unable to process what I feel/think about something, which I am pleasantly surprised about. I had been finding it increasingly easy to have opinions on matters, which I equate to being in somewhat of a mental-growth rut. 

I think the idea of incorporating pieces of the body (think teeth, or even skulls) into something wearable has been around for ages. But they are usually restricted to remote tribes or primordial cultures (at least as far as I know, but then again, please be reminded that I've stressed before in this blog of how little I know). Anyway, this is the first imagery I've seen of human remains (her pieces include hair as well as cremated ashes) that borders high fashion. I mean, the jewelry actually look like items fashionistas could covet while flipping through Vogue or the likes.

Anyway, go to Dezeen to read about it and ogle at more images of the jewelry.

Ta for now!

No comments:

blog disclaimer:


Please be advised that a couple of archived posts could be considered adult in the sense that it shows nudity, albeit minimally and in an artistic sense.