11.16.2008

Inamo

inamo-restaurant-london
I caught the latest James Bond flick, Quantum of Solace, and found myself enthralled by the scene where M (the grande dame in the double-o seven stories) is being presented case evidence on a flat table. But it was no ordinary table, instead, it's a big touch-screen, and the agents were interacting with it to display information. The GUI (graphic user interface) felt exciting and the speed of interactivity quick and efficient, in other words, I'm sure the table was make-believe. ;-p Oh shoot me for being cynical.

The scene reminded me of the sci-fi/futuristic movie Minority Report in which, as far as I know (and let it be on the record that I know very little), touch-screen technology was re-imagined and given a sexy face-lift. In place of a frumpy whiteboard, information was displayed in real-time and interactively on a wall-like piece of glass.

In case you're wondering, no, I'm not a sci-fi aficionado, but as someone who used to obsess about the way information was displayed, those scenes simply stuck in my head. 

All in all, that was just a long-winded way of telling you about this restaurant in London called Inamo, where you place your order by navigating the interactive menu on your dining table. Sounds a little on the gimmicky side, but it certainly piqued my interest. If you've been, would you care to share with us your experience?

No comments:

blog disclaimer:


Please be advised that a couple of archived posts could be considered adult in the sense that it shows nudity, albeit minimally and in an artistic sense.