10.10.2008

Ryan McGinley






We used to share a class, and now he's a whole stratosphere ahead. His photographs are truly amazing, though, so if you haven't checked them out before, you can scope them out at his site.

I love his latest body of work, "I know where the summer goes", which just finished showing at Team Gallery in New York this past May. The images breathe life and vitality and the colors are so refreshing that I found myself wishing that this 'landscape' he's created is an amusement park that I can pay an entrance fee to escape into. If only.

Here's an article of him in the NY Times, from a year ago.

No comments:

blog disclaimer:


Please be advised that a couple of archived posts could be considered adult in the sense that it shows nudity, albeit minimally and in an artistic sense.