6.11.2009

Ugh, the murderous heat is making it impossible to be a properly functioning human being. It's 95 F, muggy and on top of that, hazy with pollutants in the air. That's not the whole story as to why there haven't been any updates. Truth is, I hit another bump where I just can't find anything worth the trouble to blog about. Not that there aren't some seriously good shit happening that excites me, it's just that nothing feels worthy when compared to what I have to go through to blog about it. The soap-melting heat (true story!) makes firing up the ol' computer a major-ass chore. First, all fans in the room have to be turned on and trained on the computer, then the electricity to the computer itself has to be turned on and finally a damp cloth for the underside where the battery is capable of getting so hot it causes the wooden table to give off a scent. Nothing seems worthy of this kind of strain, you know what I mean? Yea yea yea, I'm a complainer, I've heard that before :-)

So anyway, we got a bit of relief from the drought today, which makes it tolerable so here I am, explaining my absence with a chokeful of words. Also, got a couple of finds to share, the kind of things that gets me excited. Wordnik (a contemporary word dictionary, I love the idea behind it) and Fotopedia (an encyclopaedia of images). Hope you like 'em as much!

No comments:

blog disclaimer:


Please be advised that a couple of archived posts could be considered adult in the sense that it shows nudity, albeit minimally and in an artistic sense.