4.30.2009

Nightowlishness

I often beat myself up over the fact that I cannot regulate my sleeping hours. I've always thought that the worst offence to our body is to stay up late. But try as I might, I have not been able to discipline myself to go to bed at a reasonable hour. Even when I do, I always end up relapsing into my old habits a couple of weeks later.

Which is why this lil discovery in Wired Magazine makes me feel better about myself. A lot better.

Night owls are more creative. 
Artists, writers, and coders typically fire on all cylinders by crashing near dawn and awakening at the crack of noon. In one study, "evening people" almost universally slam-dunked a standardized creativity test. Their early-bird brethren struggled for passing scores.

No comments:

blog disclaimer:


Please be advised that a couple of archived posts could be considered adult in the sense that it shows nudity, albeit minimally and in an artistic sense.